Qualcomm Computer Vision System Engineer - CAMERA Project in Haifa, Israel
Job Id T1956806
Job Title Computer Vision System Engineer - CAMERA Project
Company-Division Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Job Area Engineering - Systems
Location Israel - Haifa
Overview Qualcomm Israels R&D centers in Haifa serve as hubs of semiconductor innovation in the vibrant Israeli high-tech industry. The center in Haifa, established in 1994, is located near the Technion, Israels leading institute of technology. For more than 20 years, the Haifa centers engineers and scientists have continued to develop technology breakthroughs in various areas that enable Qualcomm to deliver value to the Companys collaborations with device manufacturers and developers.
The team develops new algorithms, architectures and systems for computer vision functions running in an embedded systems environment targeted primarily to devices operating in mobile and IOT environments. We are seeking candidates with strong knowledge and hands-on experience in computer vision technologies including 2D/3D feature detection, tracking and registration, Visual inertial odometry, SLAM, Object detection and tracking, 2D/3D reconstruction, Recognition experience in practical machine learning along with ability to map computer vision algorithms to CPU, GPU, DSP, FPGA, Hardware and investigate hardware/software tradeoffs and define hardware accelerators for computer vision tasks. Experience in developing real-time computer vision systems in the context of embedded systems is desirable.
Working knowledge of problem solving of computer vision tasks using latest deep learning techniques is also a plus for this position.
We have 2 focused roles in this skill category :
• Sr. Engineer working in Computer Vision & Image Processing algorithms, software implementation and hardware acceleration.
• Systems Architect in computer vision will work with other leads on design and technology development activities for computer vision systems including architecture development, algorithm profiling on target platforms, hardware/software partitioning of algorithms
• PHD Degree preferred or a Minimum of MS with 3+ years industry experience required
• Algorithm and implementation
• Systems level architecture for hardware accelerators targeted to computer vision tasks
• Computer Vision
• Image and video processing
• Neural Networks and matching learning
• C, C++ and assembly languages, Strong scripting language skills (PERL, Python etc)
• Digital camera system and depth aware camera
• Sensors in mobile devices
Education Requirements Required: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Location: Israel, Haifa
EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.